1555 The Boardwalk, Suite 1 ● Huntsville, AL 35816
ROCKET CITY BROADCASTING CONTEST RULES
JIMBO AND CASIO’S SACK… OF CASH OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is offered and open only to legal residents of Alabama and Tennessee 18 years old at time of participation. Employees, officers and directors of Rocket City Broadcasting or any Contest Sponsor, any participating promotional companies and prize providers, their respective parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies, advertising and promotional agencies, web masters and web suppliers, and entities involved in the creation of Promotion materials, and members of the immediate family (spouse, children, siblings, parents) or persons living in the same household (whether or not related) of such employees, officers and directors are not eligible. Groups, clubs, organizations, commercial entities, and businesses cannot participate. By participating, you agree to these Official Rules and to all decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects.
2. PROMOTION PERIOD: WRTT-FM “ROCKET 95.1” promotion period begins on October 1st, 2018 at 12:01:01 a.m. Central Time (CT) and ends on October 26th, 2018 at 11:59:59 p.m.(CT).
3. ENTRY, PARTICIPATION AND WINNING: Listen carefully between 7am and 9am to the Jimbo and Casio Morning show starting on October 1st, 2018. Each weekday you will have 3 chances to answer trivia questions about what Jimbo and Casio did on the show that morning. Ninth caller will have a chance to answer a trivia question at 11:15am, 1:15pm and 4:15pm. If you give the right answer you will win $100, if your answer is incorrect that $100 will roll over to the pot and the next person to answer the question right will win the pot. The cue to call will play three (3) times each weekday with a limit of one try per person. Limit one entry per person per household.
5. PRIZE/ODDS/LIMITS ON PRIZES AVAILABLE:
Prize are not transferable and may not be given, bartered, sold, or exchanged for another prize. All taxes on any prize awarded are the sole responsibility of the winner.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Potential winner, if any, will be required to complete, execute, and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and where lawful, a Publicity Release within fourteen (14) days of the date of the win. In the event winner fails to timely return documents, or prize is returned as non-deliverable, or if potential winner is found not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, disqualification may result. No alternate winner will be selected. By accepting a prize, where permitted
by law, potential winner grants to Sponsor and Sponsor’s designee, (which grant will be confirmed in writing upon request of Sponsor), its parents, subsidiaries and related companies, and those acting pursuant to the direction of Sponsor, the right to print, publish, broadcast and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to the World Wide Web, at any time or times, the winner’s full name, photo, picture, portrait, or other likeness, voice and indicia of persona, and biographical information as news or information, and for advertising, trade, and promotional purposes without additional compensation or consideration, and without notification, review or approval.
Each participant, as a condition of participating, releases and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, the prize provider, their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies, advertising and promotion agencies and all of their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents, successors and assigns from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to person(s), including death, and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize or participation in any Promotion related activity, or participation in this Promotion. The winner shall bear all risk of loss or damage to his/her prize after it has been delivered.
Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual from the Promotion that it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process, or the operation of the Promotion, to be acting, or be, in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person or interfere in any manner with any aspect or portion of this Promotion. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, copied, or like entry methods, will void all such entries by any such methods, and will disqualify any participant using such methods.
7. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY:
a) Any attempted participation by means other than those permitted by these Rules, is void. Sponsor and any participating promotion agencies or prize providers will not be responsible for lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, illegible, or postage-due entries; or any technical error or failure, or unauthorized human intervention, or for the inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the failure to capture any such information. Sponsor is not responsible for contacting any participant if that participant has changed contact information and failed to provide Sponsor with the proper contact information when such information is required.
b) Neither Sponsor nor any participating promotion agencies or prize providers are responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information or for any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions, lost, late, damaged, misdirected entries, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause). If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned for any reason which Sponsor, in its sole opinion, deems could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, modify or suspend this Promotion, in whole or in part, and if possible, to select the Contestants from entries received prior to the action taken or as otherwise may be deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any
individual found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion; or to be acting in any manner deemed by Sponsor to be in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in any manner deemed by Sponsor to be unsportsmanlike or disruptive, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion.
IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR, ANY PARTICIPATING PROMOTIONAL COMPANIES OR PRIZE PROVIDERS, OR THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS, AND ASSIGNS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES.
9. MISCELLANEOUS: This Promotion is subject only to the laws of Alabama in the United States. Prizes will be awarded and/or delivered only to addresses within the United States. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Additionally, Sponsor reserves the right to prosecute any fraudulent activities to the full extent of the law. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON FULLY PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. ARBITRATION/CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited, participants in the Promotion agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or any prizes awarded, or the administration of the Promotion or the determination of winners, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration, to take place in the State of Alabama, U.S.A. pursuant to the Rules of the American Arbitration Association, then effective, (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will a participant be permitted to obtain awards for and participants hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of participant(s) and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Alabama, without regard to conflicts of law doctrine.
11. WINNERS LIST: For the name of the winners, if any, send a self-addressed first class stamped envelope to: Rocket City Broadcasting 1555 The Boardwalk Suite 1 Huntsville Alabama 35816, for receipt by Promotions Department or on location at 1555 The Boardwalk Suite 1 Huntsville Alabama 35816
12. WAHR-FM “STAR 99.1, WRTT-FM “ROCKET 95.1, WLOR-AM, AC251 98.1 THE BEAT reserves the right to cancel the promotion at any time. All prize award decisions are final. The decisions of WAHR-FM “STAR 99.1, WRTT-FM “ROCKET 95.1, WLOR-AM, AC251 98.1 The Beat management are final. WAHR-FM “STAR 99.1, WRTT-FM “ROCKET 95.1, WLOR-AM, AC251 98.1 THE BEAT may change rules at any time during contest. Refer to the station contest rules for further contest rules and regulations.
Please note that individual contests may have additional or updated rules.
1. No purchase or cash transaction necessary to enter contest.
2. Each contest is sponsored by WAHR-FM “STAR 99.1, WRTT-FM “ROCKET 95.1, WLOR-AM WLOR-FM” THE BEAT” and jointly sponsored by any entities providing prizes or entries (individually or collectively “Sponsor(s)”).
3. Void where prohibited by federal, State of AL/TN, or local laws. Participants must be a legal state of Alabama or Tennessee resident 18 years of age or older to participate in all contests on WAHR-FM “STAR 99.1, WRTT-FM “ROCKET 95.1, WLOR-AM WLOR-FM” THE BEAT” unless specified otherwise. If contest is open to minors a parent or guardian of the participant must sign a release on behalf of the minor to be eligible to receive a prize. WAHR-FM “STAR 99.1, WRTT-FM “ROCKET 95.1, WLOR-AM WLOR-FM” THE BEAT” by law, cannot collect information over the internet from anyone under the age of 13 years old. If someone under the age of 13 years old wishes to enter a contest, a parent or guardian must fill out the entry form. The minimum age limit may be higher for certain contests in order to comply with applicable local, state and federal laws.
4. Odds of winning are based on the number of entries received.
5. All entry information, whether on-air or on MYSTAR991.COM…ROCKET951.COM…981THEBEAT.COM must be accurate and complete. Incomplete entries will be immediately disqualified. It is not the responsibility of WAHR-FM “STAR 99.1, WRTT-FM “ROCKET 95.1, WLOR-AM WLOR-FM” THE BEAT” to contact the Participants to verify or complete an entry.
6. Only one (1) prize per household during any 60 day period is permitted on WAHR-FM “STAR 99.1, WRTT-FM “ROCKET 95.1. WLOR-AM..WLOR-FM THE BEAT
7. Only one (1) prize per household per promotion, contest, or concert/event is permitted across all stations owned or operated by ROCKET CITY BROADCASTING …WAHR-FM “STAR 99.1, WRTT-FM “ROCKET 95.1, WLOR-AM WLOR-FM” THE BEAT”
8. Winners are responsible for any and all federal, state, and local taxes, which may be payable due to receipt of prize.
9. All phone calls are subject to be recorded, edited and played back on-air.
10. Participants may not use sophisticated telephone or computer equipment to win the contest. Winners who are found to have used such equipment will be disqualified.
11. WAHR-FM “STAR 99.1, WRTT-FM “ROCKET 95.1, WLOR-AM WLOR-FM” THE BEAT” reserves the right to cancel the promotion at any time. All prize award decisions are final. The decisions of WAHR-FM “STAR 99.1, WRTT-FM “ROCKET 95.1, WLOR-AM WLOR-FM” THE BEAT” management are final. WAHR-FM “STAR 99.1, WRTT-FM “ROCKET 95.1, WLOR-AM WLOR-FM” THE BEAT” may change rules at any time during contest.
12. By participating in a contest that requires consumer created materials to be submitted, including but not limited to photographs, videos, audio, stories, essays, participants agree that (i) the materials is not indecent, vulgar, or offensive against generally accepted standards of propriety or good taste; (ii) the submitted material will not place WAHR-FM “STAR 99.1, WRTT-FM “ROCKET 95.1, WLOR-AM WLOR-FM” THE BEAT” or any sponsors under any obligation; (iii) WAHR-FM “STAR 99.1, WRTT-FM “ROCKET 95.1, WLOR-AM WLOR-FM” THE BEAT” has the right to disclose the ideas on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to the participant; (iv) they are the owner and the producer of the material or have explicit written consent (which can be provided at the request of WAHR-FM “STAR 99.1, WRTT-FM “ROCKET 95.1, WLOR-AM WLOR-FM” THE BEAT”) and that no third party ownership rights exist; and (v) you grant WAHR-FM “STAR 99.1, WRTT-FM “ROCKET 95.1, WLOR-AM WLOR-FM” THE BEAT” the rights to a non-exclusive, royalty-free, right to use, publish, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, modify, distribute, have distributed and promote such content in any form, in all media.
13. Winners will be notified by phone, email or mail. WAHR-FM “STAR 99.1, WRTT-FM “ROCKET 95.1, WLOR-AM WLOR-FM” THE BEAT” is not responsible for incomplete, illegible or out-of-service contact information. If WAHR-FM “STAR 99.1, WRTT-FM “ROCKET 95.1, WLOR-AM WLOR-FM” THE BEAT” is unable to contact the Winner after reasonable effort, WAHR-FM “STAR 99.1, WRTT-FM “ROCKET 95.1, WLOR-AM WLOR-FM” THE BEAT” has the right to disqualify the Winner and select another person from the remaining entries.
14. Participation in the voting portion of any contest is limited to one vote per person per email address unless otherwise stated. WAHR-FM “STAR 99.1, WRTT-FM “ROCKET 95.1, WLOR-AM WLOR-FM” THE BEAT” reserves the right to disqualify any participant/entrant if they receive multiple and/or irregular votes or multiple votes from the same user or users, including but not limited to, votes generated by a robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated means or other source.
15. Winners must agree to release and hold harmless WAHR-FM “STAR 99.1, WRTT-FM “ROCKET 95.1, WLOR-AM WLOR-FM” THE BEAT” and its affiliates, agencies, advertisers, sponsors, licensees, and immediate families from claims, liabilities, or legal actions which may arise as a result of winning a prize in the contest.
16. Employees, agencies, representatives, affiliates, and immediate families of WAHR-FM “STAR 99.1, WRTT-FM “ROCKET 95.1, WLOR-AM WLOR-FM” THE BEAT” and any official contest/promotion participant, and employees of other radio stations licensed to communities in the Madison, Morgan, Marshall, Limestone, Lawrence counties and their immediate family members and/or those that live in the same household of each are not eligible.
17. Prizes may not be exchanged, substituted, transferred or redeemed for other prizes by winner. Prizes are non-transferable. Cash will not be awarded as a substitute for prize. Tickets cannot be sold under any circumstance.
18. WAHR-FM “STAR 99.1, WRTT-FM “ROCKET 95.1, WLOR-AM WLOR-FM” THE BEAT”and/or Sponsors reserve the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Where applicable, tax forms must be completed.
19. To be eligible to win, each winner will be required to sign a release giving WAHR-FM “STAR 99.1, WRTT-FM “ROCKET 95.1, WLOR-AM WLOR-FM” THE BEAT” permission to use his or her name, picture, portrait, likeness and voice, including but not limited to, any video, audio, photographic or print material which involves the winner(s) or their families for promotional use without further permission or additional compensation. Winners will be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility and release as a condition of winning.
20. By participating in the contest, where allowed by law, participants agree that WAHR-FM “STAR 99.1, WRTT-FM “ROCKET 95.1, WLOR-AM WLOR-FM” THE BEAT” may disclose personal information obtained from participants in the contest to third parties and use such information for marketing and other purposes.
21. Winners must present a photo id (driver’s license, government issued photo id, passport, etc) before prize will be distributed. All insurance costs are the responsibility of the winner.
22. Prizes must be claimed at 1555 The Boardwalk Suite 1 Huntsville Alabama. Office hours are Mon-Fri 8:00am-5:00pm (excluding holidays). WAHR-FM “STAR 99.1, WRTT-FM “ROCKET winners have Thirty (30) days to claim prize. WLOR-AM …WLOR-FM” THE BEAT” winners have Fourteen (14) days to claim prizes. Prizes will not be mailed unless approval is granted by management.
23. Prizes not claimed stated above in line 22 will be forfeited by winner.
24. By entering, entrant agrees to hold harmless and indemnify WAHR-FM “STAR 99.1, WRTT-FM “ROCKET 95.1, WLOR-AM WLOR-FM” THE BEAT”and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, governors, employees and agents against any and all liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), with respect to or arising out of either (i) entrant’s participation, or (ii) the receipt or use of the prizes awarded in the promotion.
25. WAHR-FM “STAR 99.1, WRTT-FM “ROCKET 95.1, WLOR-AM WLOR-FM” THE BEAT” is not responsible in the event of any technical difficulties with any equipment, including but not limited to, telephone equipment, ISP failures during any and all contests.
26. WAHR-FM “STAR 99.1, WRTT-FM “ROCKET 95.1, WLOR-AM WLOR-FM” THE BEAT”is not responsible for any events beyond their control (acts of God, cancelled concert, artist or performer non-appearance, etc).
27. Contest rules may vary with individual contests. All decisions of WAHR-FM “STAR 99.1, WRTT-FM “ROCKET 95.1, WLOR-AM WLOR-FM” THE BEAT” are final. By participating in any contest on WAHR-FM “STAR 99.1, WRTT-FM “ROCKET 95.1, WLOR-AM WLOR-FM” THE BEAT”, constitutes acknowledgement by you to abide by all contest rules stated of the decisions of WAHR-FM “STAR 99.1, WRTT-FM “ROCKET 95.1, WLOR-AM WLOR-FM” THE BEAT”. Failure to follow these rules, additional contest rules, or winning by fraudulent means are immediate grounds for disqualification.
28. For a list of prize winners for any particular contest, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Contest Winners” ATTN:(INSERT NAME OF CONTEST HERE), WAHR-FM “STAR 99.1, WRTT-FM “ROCKET 95.1, WLOR-AM WLOR-FM” THE BEAT Promotions, 1555 The Boardwalk Suite 1 Huntsville Alabama 35816.
29. WAHR-FM “STAR 99.1, WRTT-FM “ROCKET 95.1, WLOR-AM WLOR-FM” THE BEAT may from time to time conduct contests concurrently and simultaneously on several participating radio stations owned or operated by Rocket City Broadcasting, and may add or remove participating stations or change call letters at any time during a contest as announced by the affected station. For a list of stations for each individual contest, please visit the offices of WAHR-FM “STAR 99.1, WRTT-FM “ROCKET 95.1, WLOR-AM WLOR-FM” THE BEAT during normal business hours.
30. By participating in any contest, the entrant agrees to accept the decision of WAHR-FM “STAR 99.1, WRTT-FM “ROCKET 95.1, WLOR-AM WLOR-FM” THE BEAT as final with regard to the awarding of the prizes, the selection of winners, and the interpretation of these rules. WAHR-FM “STAR 99.1, WRTT-FM “ROCKET 95.1, WLOR-AM WLOR-FM” THE BEAT may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion.
31. Prize winners who violate any of these rules may be banned from winning future contests.